Sunday, February 24, 2013

Badin presents 'The Music Man'



Can’t wait to see ‘The Music Man’!

By Denise Rasche ‘13

At first I didn’t think I knew much about The Music Man but I learned a lot after I looked up the plot. I didn’t recognize the musical because the last time I had seen it was in the 7th grade. Once I read the plot, memories started coming back to me.
The Music Man is about a salesman named Harold Hill who wants to convince the town to start a boys’ marching band. He plans to start the group so he can charge them for the equipment and leave with the profits because he cannot train the band to play music. He then falls for the beautiful librarian, Marian, who suspects that he will leave with the money. The musical describes his decision to stay with Marian and train the band or take the money and run.
Badin Drama will be performing The Music Man premiering on March 7th. Senior Patrick Kuhl is starring as Professor Harold Hill and sophomore Anna Schindler is Marian the Librarian.
According to senior Tori Getz, the musical is going well. Getz said, “The play is very interesting and should be entertaining to the audience.” Tori plays the role of Alma Hix, an older woman who likes to spread gossip and cause trouble.
I can’t wait to see the production when it is finally finished. It will certainly bring back the good memories of my first encounter with The Music Man.
The Music Man will be performed Thursday through Saturday, March 7-9, at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, March 10, at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 apiece, or a group of six or more for $8 each.